Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Clean Eating: Teriyaki Chicken with Fried Rice




When I got home from work, I immediately launched into cooking. I didn't get any pictures of the process, but I got a nice picture of the final result. As I've mentioned in a previous post, I love Chinese food, but I don't love the fact that I can't get it in clean eating style. So, I'm learning how to make my own. I know it's not authentic Chinese food, but at least it has some similar flavors.

Ingredients:
For marinade:
2 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. sesame oil
2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes

22 oz chicken tenderloins (I used an entire package of Perfect Portions chicken tenders)

For fried rice:
1 bag boil-in-bag whole grain rice
1 red onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup frozen green peas
1/2 cup bean sprouts
1/3 cup egg whites
1 tbsp. sesame oil
1 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce


Directions:
In a bowl, whisk together honey, sesame oil low sodium soy sauce, minced garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. Place chicken tenders in a large gallon bag. Pour marinade over chicken and let sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 400 F.

Spray a large oven-proof skillet with canola cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken tenders and extra marinade to pan and cook for 4 minutes. Place skillet in oven and roast for 15 minutes. Once chicken has cooked, remove from pan. This pan will be used to fry the rice.

Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water with submerged bag of rice to boil. Cook for 10 minutes. Drain water and open bag with scissors.

Add sesame oil to skillet used to cook chicken. Over medium-high heat, add onion and garlic. Stir to onions and scrape any bits from bottom of pan. Add frozen peas and bean sprouts, cooking for a couple of minutes. Add egg whites and soy sauce. Stir until egg whites are cooked.

Serve fried rice with chicken.

Nutrition Facts
Serves 4
Serving Size 294.5g
__________________________________________________

Calories - 418
Calories from Fat - 131
Total Fat - 14.6g
Saturated Fat - 1.5g
Cholesterol - 100mg
Sodium - 563mg
Total Carbohydrates - 32.0g
Dietary Fiber - 2.6g
Sugar - 11.4g
Protein - 39.2g
---
Vitamin A - 3%
Vitamin C - 14%
Calcium - 2%
Iron - 8%  

No comments:

Post a Comment