Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Clean Eating: Stroganoff

I've been on a real fitness kick lately. I agreed to "Run into the New Year", which means that I run (or sometimes walk) a mile every day until the New Year. At any rate, my eating habits have changed a little. I've been having bigger meals during the day along with snacks, and at night, I'm having something really light, like a bowl of cereal or soup or small sandwich. That means I haven't been cooking a lot recently, so my poor little blog has been on hold. Until tonight. I have to make sure Cliff gets a good meal, so I made my version of stroganoff, clean eating style.

Ingredients:
10 oz. ground turkey
4 oz. whole-wheat spaghetti
6 cabbage leaves
1 onion
1/2 cup light sour cream
1 beef bouillon cube
1 cup water
sea salt
black pepper



Directions:
Fill a medium pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Season the water with salt and add spaghetti noodles (break in half if desired). Meanwhile, slice the cabbage leaves into long, thin strips. Place cabbage in water along with pasta and cook 8-9 minutes until pasta is al dente.





Dissolve beef bouillon cube in one cup of water. Slice onion into rings. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and heat for a couple of minutes. Add about 1/2 the beef broth to the onions and cover. Cook until liquid has reduced completely and onions are brown and soft.




Add ground turkey to the pan and brown, mixing with onions. Season with salt and pepper. Place sour cream and remaining 1/2 cup of beef broth in the pan and stir to combine with beef and onions.





Add cooked pasta and cabbage to skillet and stir for 3 minutes until pasta is well combined with sauce.


Serve and enjoy!



Nutrition Facts
Serves 4
Serving Size 250.2g
__________________________________________________

Calories -309
Calories from Fat -121
Total Fat - 13.5g
Saturated Fat - 4.9g
Cholesterol - 63mg
Sodium - 500mg
Total Carbohydrates - 28g
Dietary Fiber - 1.4g
Sugar - 4.3g
Protein - 19.4g
---
Vitamin A - 5%
Vitamin C - 25%
Calcium - 9%
Iron - 13% 

No comments:

Post a Comment