Friday, February 15, 2013

Deal Day: Vetco Clinic

As you are all very much aware, I really love my pets. And I have a lot of them, which means that vet care can get expensive. While I haven't found a way to get a better deal and save money on an emergency vet visit, I have at least found a service that helps offset some of the high costs of their annual vaccinations. Petco offers mobile vaccination clinics at some of their stores. These clinics are called Vetco, and they visit select stores about once a month. You can check out the clinic schedule by visiting this website and typing in your zip code to find the store nearest you.




If you live in a metropolitan area like I do, then you may have several different clinics from which you can choose. The good thing about this is that not all stores have their clinic on the same day of the month. So, if you miss the clinic this weekend, perhaps you can get Scraps or Muffin over to another store next weekend to get their shots.

I find the price for vaccinations from the Vetco clinic to be very affordable. I've taken my dogs and cat there for vaccines, so I've gotten prices on both types of pet. I will say that the last time I took one of my dogs in for vaccines, I dropped well over $300 for just that one dog. At Vetco, I think I spent roughly $100. That's a huge savings. It's still expensive, but if the vaccines are the same, I might as well take advantage of of a 66% savings.

Vetco is nice because it offers individual vaccines for a cost, or if your pet is due for the whole gambit of shots, you can opt for one of their all-inclusive package deals. To see what deals are offered in your area, click here. And if the package doesn't include a shot you like to get for your pet, you can still add the individual shot on after the package deal.

I haven't had any problems with Vetco, thus far. The line moves quickly, the vet techs and doctors are very friendly and not having my pet waiting at a vet's office is a little less stressful for him/her. I highly recommend saving a few bucks next time you need to get Fido's rabies tag re-upped.

No comments:

Post a Comment