Saturday, February 23, 2013

Refashion: The Uneven Hemline

Today's refashion started with this dress.




As you can see, it's a little big now. The ragged bottom of the dress happened when I created a toy for the pups (see this post).



I wanted to make a shirt with an asymmetrical hemline. It needed to be short in front and longer in the back. So, I did a big cut on an angle.



Next, I pinned up each side of the dress to take it in a couple of inches.



Then, I sent each side of the dress through the machine. Since the fabric is stretch, I opted for a zigzag stitch.



Next, I trimmed off the excess fabric.



Then it was time to hem the bottom of my new shirt. I folded over the hem by about a half inch and pinned it.



I sent it through the machine to secure my new hem.



Finally, after a quick press with the iron, my new shirt was ready. Not too shabby (or raggy) huh?




No comments:

Post a Comment