Sunday, February 17, 2013

Tidying: Kitchen Detail

Hello, readers. I know you've been on the edge of your seat waiting to see what kind of clean up I did for my "Tidying" post this week. Well, I couldn't take it anymore. I had to clean the kitchen. I spend so much time in the kitchen cooking and creating tasty dishes. I was getting tired of having to do my magic in only 12-square inches of space. So, I had to do something to regain control of my kitchen.

I had a little help from one of my cleaning friends.





I really shouldn't like Clorox wipes because they are so hazardous, but I really, really like them. They are so convenient, and I actually feel like maybe they actually get the nasty microscopic gunk off my counters. So, after using a couple of these bad boys, I felt like my kitchen had been revamped. Unfortunately, they couldn't make a dent on the gunk in the refrigerator, but that will have to be for another cleaning day. Although, I did get rid of all the old (and for some, REALLY OLD) leftovers that were in the fridge. I managed to regain a bunch of my storage containers in that endeavor. Don't worry, I don't have any pictures of that to show you. Trust me...you don't want to see what I saw hiding in some of those containers.

So, I'm really happy with my newly cleaned kitchen. At first, I didn't think I would finish, but I managed to get it all tidied up. With Cliff's help, I even managed to get all my new pots and pans up on the pot rack. In celebration, I had dinner with Jade and Cliff at my newly cleaned off kitchen table. It was a meal prepared with some of my new cookware. FYI, the recipe for the delicious dinner will be posted soon. So far, I'm loving my new (insanely sharp) knives and my beautiful, shiny pots.

Here are the before and after pictures.













No comments:

Post a Comment