Friday, February 8, 2013

Deal Day: nomorerack.com

I don't often think of myself as a shopaholic, but the convenience of being able to purchase items online is turning me into one. I love Amazon, and ever since we got a Prime account, we get something delivered to our house at least once a week (if not more). So, I really don't need more reason to shop online. Facebook gave me a reason when it advertised this site.

nomorerack.com has some fabulous deals on just about anything. It's not like a normal shopping site. It is basically just one discounted item after another. For example, I just purchased this microplush blanket.



This blanket normally retails for $89.99 but I got it for only $25 (a 70% savings). So, you can see that they are offering quite good deals on their items.

Here is the flaw in an otherwise perfect discount shopping site: there's no way to search for a keyword. I have some items I would really like to buy, but on this site, the user can only browse specific categories. While this is fun if you have time and like to shop, it isn't helpful if you don't have a lot of time and just want to see if they have any specials on one particular item. But honestly, when I go on this site, I'm so blown away by the great prices that I want to spend time looking at all they have to offer.

Don't be fooled. If there is something on there you see today that you like, don't wait to purchase it. They are constantly cycling through items. The cool gadget that's discounted today may not be available on the site tomorrow. So, my recommendation is don't peek at the goodies offered until you have the money to spend. 

Another thing to be cautious of is not to spend too much time perusing the site when you have items waiting in your cart. I did this on my first shopping trip (yesterday), and I got an email warning that items in my cart would expire. By the time I was ready to checkout, one of my items was gone. I had to go back and find it to put back in my cart.

But just to give you an idea of the savings, here's a picture of my receipt for my first shopping trip where I got the blanket and a new tea kettle.


Just click on the picture to see it larger. But the bottom line is that I saved $83.99. Another great thing is that even though shipping is charged per item, it is only $2 per item. You can't beat that. I don't know if that's the standard rate for all items, but I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment