Thursday, February 21, 2013

Product/Service Review: Oak City Cycling Project

Ok, this review doesn't actually help me be a better domestic, but I feel I should mention this bike shop. As you may know if you follow my fitness exploits, I'm in training for a triathlon. When I started training, I had to get a bike because I didn't own one. An Internet search led me here:



I was looking for a used bike, but I wanted something that was still good quality. I emailed the guys at Oak City Cycling Project and told them about my training. After asking my height, the person helping me thought they might have something that would suit my triathlon purposes. So, I went to the shop and "tried on" a few bikes to find the one that fit me. None of the bikes that were ready were quite right, but they had a Gitane that needed a little work that fit me perfectly. He told me it would be ready in about a week, and that I would get an email to come look at it when it was ready.

True to his word, I received an email in about a week, and I went to take the Gitane on a test spin. After a quick seat adjustment, I was ready for my first ride. Instantly, I was in love with the bike. It was the most comfortable bike I had ever ridden. Seeing as how all my other bikes had been department store or hand-me-downs, I had no idea that bikes could fit so comfortably to an individual. And the fact that it is a nice looking bike didn't hurt either.



As is evidenced by this post, I'm quite pleased with my bike purchase and doubly pleased with the excellent service I received at Oak City Cycling Project. I highly recommend them to anyone in the Raleigh area who is looking to find a great bike at a decent price.

No comments:

Post a Comment