Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Recipe Review: Rock Cake

In an effort to plan my perfect wedding, I've been thinking about what cake to have. I've gone back and forth between cupcakes and regular cake. But I'm still not quite sure what I want to do. The wedding is less than 2 months away. A decision needs to be made. So, I decided to try a different kind of cake. We are having a stone theme in our wedding, and I found a cool little recipe for rock cakes.

As usual, I didn't want to make the recipe exactly as it is written. Instead of dried fruit and currants, I opted to add a little chopped white chocolate, as that is the way to make my man smile. But that was the only substitution I made. I created the recipe, and the dough is indeed very stiff. It certainly didn't pour like a normal cake batter. Instead, it seemed like a cookie or biscuit batter that I patted out to place on the cookie sheet. But the addition of the baking powder made the little cakes rise nicely. Here are a couple of pictures of my finished rock cakes.



These cakes were definitely very cookie and biscuit like. They were sweet and very reminiscent of the Bo-berry biscuits you can get at Bojangles. I actually think they would be perfect for our little offbeat wedding, but I'll get into that more on the wedding blog rather than droning on about it here. Basically, I love this as a little dessert. Since sugar cookies are my favorite type of cookie, this little rock cake is just perfect for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment