Thursday, January 24, 2013

Product/Service Review: Element Bars



This post will seem very similar to my post last week. It is for a food product, particularly one that is ordered online. However, unlike my GoBites review, Element Bars are not a recurring snack delivery service. They are simply a food product (i.e., granola/energy bars) that you can order from their website (click here to access).

What makes Element Bars so different than the ordinary granola/energy bar you might buy at any grocery or convenience store is the fact that they are customizable. They offer fresh, normal ingredients that you can mix and match to create the perfect snack (or breakfast or lunch, if you prefer).


I first discovered Element Bars through my calorie/activity logging site, Calorie Count. Being an active member of Calorie Count comes with rewards in the form of points. You get points by submitting daily reports, commenting or liking other people's reports and participating in the discussion forum. Here's a snapshot of my current rewards:


As you can see, I've amassed quite a few points. Calorie Count has partnered with some other companies/websites to offer fun products to members at a discounted price. You can redeem these discounts by turning in the points. So, one day I decided to redeem some of my points on custom made Element Bars.

I was a little skeptical of how good they would be. I'm kind of picky when it comes to my granola/energy bars. I've had some in the past that had a clay texture, and I really dislike that. So, I kind of hated to blindly purchase a case of Element Bars. But the ingredients sounded good, so I thought I would take the gamble.

My Element Bars arrived in a package like this:


I love when the box is printed with the company name. It makes me so excited when I'm opening it, especially when it's a new treat. So, when I got the package I couldn't wait to try one of the granola bars. Here's what I ordered.


You may be thinking, "What the heck is a Chocolate Elvis?" It's one of my creations. As I've mentioned before, my favorite flavor combination is peanut butter, chocolate and banana. So, I was happy to see that those ingredients were available when I was creating my own granola bar. It's like I devised a recipe online, and some little Element Bar elves baked it up and sent it over to me. And the cool thing is that I got to name my creation, and they printed the package with the name I chose. It is custom printed with the name of the bar, the nutrition information and the ingredient list. So, since I chose peanut butter and banana, I had to give a little tribute to the King of Rock and Roll. My dad would have been proud.

But if you're not creative or feel a little timid about trying to choose your own flavor of bar, you can still try out Element Bars. They have a stock of premade bars that are very delicious as well. When I purchased my Chocolate Elvis, I also got one of their stock bars to try as well. I decided to sample their Chocolate Cherry bar.


It was good, but I definitely liked my creation better. So, this is a product/service that I definitely recommend you try if you like granola bars. It's the perfect little treat to have on the go. I've definitely carried bars with me before workouts and bike rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment