Saturday, January 19, 2013

Refashion: From Frump to Fab

I've got great news! I got a new sewing machine for Christmas, but I haven't yet had a chance to use it. I'm in the process of cleaning up my sewing area, so I'm not quite ready to sew my refashions. But I promised you all a refashion on Saturday, and a refashion you shall have.

This skirt just screams frump.


Since I didn't have a way to sew a refashion, here is a quick and easy no-sew option.

 Now I feel fab!


I don't know if it's obvious, but all I did was raise the skirt up over my chest. Since it was an ankle-length skirt, it is still plenty long. I used a gray pashmina for a sash and donned my gray shrug to match the sash. By the way, I don't like going without a bra and slip, so the shrug was essential for this to work. Otherwise, it would have been quite the show for some people.



Also, I highly recommend that to do this refashion, use a skirt with an elastic waistband. Otherwise, there could be some problems with it staying up.

So, what's a girl to do with a cool new frock? Go out on the town of course. First there was dinner at a Mexican restaurant with Cliff.



Then after dinner, it was time to go bowling with a few friends.

Gotta love those shoes with this frock.


I got a lot of nice compliments on this. It seems to be the consensus that this makes a much cuter dress than skirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment